Suffering with receding gums can affect several areas of your life. It may cause pain and discomfort, significantly diminishing your quality of life. It can also change the way you see yourself and how others view you. Poor oral health directly influences your overall health.
The most common cause of gum recession is periodontal disease. Studies have shown that periodontal disease not only damages teeth and bone, but also complicates systemic health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. If you are suffering with any symptoms of receding gums, it is important that you seek treatment immediately. Arlington Periodontics provide patients with gum recession treatment in Arlington, TX.
How Can I Treat My Receding Gums?
Several things can be done to restore your oral health after gum recession occurs, including a new, minimally invasive procedure called the Pinhole Surgical Technique™. Your doctor may suggest any of the following methods to treat your gum recession:
- Switching to an electric or soft bristled toothbrush
- This will reduce the friction caused by improper manual brushing. Ask your doctor to show you proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques.
- Periodontal treatment
- It is vital to treat and control the active infection in your mouth to stop gum recession and prevent further damage to your teeth and gums. A special deep cleaning or gum surgery may be needed to address the infection.
- Gum graft
- When gum tissue is lost, it does not grow back on its own. Soft tissue from your own mouth or donor tissue is used to increase gum tissue volume in areas of recession.
- The Pinhole Surgical Technique™
- The Pinhole Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum recession surgery. It requires no incisions, sutures, or second surgical site. Your doctor is uniquely trained and certified to be able to provide this breakthrough technique to patients.
Do not live with the discomfort and sensitivity of receding gums. Seek treatment immediately and call Arlington Periodontics in Arlington, TX to schedule your consultation today!